5 Tips On How To Score Bargain Flights Without Locking In Departure Dates
Finding a bargain flight isn’t always easy. You want a great deal on your flight, but you also don’t want to lock yourself into any one departure date. Here are five tips to help you find those amazing fares without locking in your travel dates:
1. Check both international and domestic flights. Many times, you may find a great deal for a flight one way and then do even better by looking at flights both ways for a longer period of time. This will give you more flexibility when deciding which dates to travel on.
2. Consider flying on low-traffic days. Fares can vary depending on the day and time, so consider flying on a Monday or Wednesday instead of the weekend. Flying during the middle of the day can also be cheaper than flying redeye.
3. Take advantage of flexible search features. Many search sites allow you to compare flights for a month or even a whole season. This can give you an idea of when flights are usually cheaper so you’ll know to stay away from those dates. Heading to the site’s settings and choosing the “anytime” option for departure or arrival dates is also an easy way to view flights over a larger period.
4. Try different airports. It’s a good idea to do a search using several different airports to see if you can get a better deal. This doesn’t always work, but it’s worth a try. Just be sure to consider transportation to and from the airport as well.
5. Sign up for fare alerts. This one can be a real lifesaver. All the major search sites have the option to sign up for flight alerts. Put your budget in and then wait for the deals to come to you.
6. Book Flexibly
When trying to find a bargain flight, it’s important to remain flexible. Consider choosing flights with longer layovers in order to save some money. There are also budget airlines that offer low fares but often don’t include free checked baggage.
Be sure to factor in those extra costs when deciding which flights to book.
Also, make sure that you are familiar with the airline’s policies for rescheduling or canceling flights. Most of the time, if you change your plans, you may be subject to a fee so be sure to read the fine print. Some airlines are more flexible than others so that’s something to consider as well.
Be sure to think ahead when booking your flights. If you know that you want to take a trip sometime in the next few months, book your flight now! The earlier you book, the lower the fares will be.
7. Take Advantage of Deals
Take advantage of any deals and discounts that you can find. Many airlines offer special deals for students, military personnel, and seniors. Make sure to take into account any additional discounts that may be available to you when you are searching for flights.
Some airlines also offer membership programs, which can help save you money in the long run. These can be a great way to save on flights over time by collecting points or cash back. Be sure to read the details carefully and sign up for a program if it is right for you.
8. Become Familiar with Budget Airlines
When trying to score cheap flights, be sure to look at budget airlines. These may not be the most comfortable, but they can usually offer the lowest fares. Just be sure to read the details carefully as they may charge for checked bags and other services.
These airlines are often associated with specific airports, so make sure to do a thorough search. You may end up finding an incredibly good deal if you are willing to fly from an airport that is some distance away.
9. Look beyond the Big Brands
Don’t just look at the big airline companies when you are searching for flights. There are a number of smaller companies that offer great deals on flights. These may not be the first thing that pops up in your search, but they are worth looking into.
Be sure to read the details carefully as not all of these airlines will have the same level of service or safety that the big names do. If you find a great deal, be sure to do your research and make sure that it’s a company that you can trust.
10. Consider Airbnb or Camping Instead
If you’re trying to keep your travel costs low, you may want to consider staying in an Airbnb or camping for your trip. These options can be much cheaper than a hotel, although you’ll want to take into account the cost of transportation to and from the location.
Airbnb can also be a great way to stay in unique locations or smaller towns that may not have a lot of hotel options. Camping is also a great way to save money, although you’ll need to bring your own camping equipment and food.
As you can see, there are many ways to score a bargain flight without locking yourself into a particular departure date. With a bit of research and flexibility, you’ll be able to find a great deal on your next flight.
Q. What is the best way to find bargain flights?
A. There is no single best way to find bargain flights, and everyone’s situation is different. The most important things to consider are being flexible with your travel dates, searching both domestic and international flights, using flexible search features, trying different airports, signing up for fare alerts, booking flexibly, taking advantage of any discounts, becoming familiar with budget airlines, looking beyond the big brands, and considering other forms of travel as well.