5 Tips On How To Buy A Cheap Flight Ticket Without Breaking The Bank!
Planning a vacation shouldn’t cost you a fortune. With the right research and foresight, you can find a cheap flight ticket and travel without breaking the bank. Here are five tips for booking a budget-friendly ticket:
1. Be flexible: Flight prices change every day. Have the flexibility to jiggle around travel dates and times and you could save hundreds of dollars. Try to be open minded and consider going on different days or leave earlier or later to save on your ticket.
2. Shop around: Everyone has their favorite booking site but many flight prices are different across various platforms. Don’t just stick to one, shop around to find the cheapest prices. Make sure to also compare fees between different websites for check-in and cancellation or even carry-on baggage.
3. Timing is everything: Prices can often be cheaper on certain days of the week or certain times of the day. With more people traveling on the weekend, Fridays and Sundays tend to be the most expensive to fly. Also flying late at night or early in the morning can often save you a bundle.
4. Explore other airports: Bigger airports often mean higher prices, so look into airports in the area to see if there are any cheaper fares being offered. Consider all potential airports, including smaller, local ones, or those in nearby cities to find the best prices.
5. Take advantage of loyalty programs: Sign up for your favorite airline loyalty programs for even more savings. Often times, members get exclusive discounts, priority boarding, free checked bags and more. Most programs are relatively easy to join and there are usually no fees involved. Check out the sign-up bonuses too like free miles for joining.
How to Get the Most Rewards Points
When it comes to travel deals you should always pay attention to how many points or rewards you’re getting. The more points or rewards you can rack up, the more discounts you can get on future flights. Here are some tips for racking up the rewards points quickly:
1. Use credit card points: Take advantage of the points earned through your credit cards. Many cards offer good rewards points including airline tickets, hotel stays, rental cars and more. Be sure to shop around and compare the different offers by browsing through all the available cards.
2. Don’t forget about refer-a-friend bonuses: Not only will you get a bonus for referring a friend, but your friend can also get a bonus as well. Take advantage of all the available bonus points to get the most rewards for your buck.
3. Join airlines loyalty programs: An easy way to earn points and bonus miles is by joining airline loyalty programs. You can accumulate points with each flight you take, and get discounts and additional airline tickets with those points. Make sure to check out all the offered bonuses and perks for being a member.
4. Book your travels through loyalty programs: You can get bonus points if you book flights or hotels through the loyalty program websites compared to booking through a third party website. Try to go directly to the airline or hotel chain website to get the best deal and rewards.
5. Use travel tracking mobile apps: With a travel tracking app you won’t miss out on any bonus points or discounts. They can help you track your points, monitor prices for flights, find the best deals and even suggest rewards activities near your destination. Apps like Lufthansa’s Miles & More rewards program enables its members to get the most of their rewards.
Find the Cheapest Route
Don’t be discouraged if your final destination isn’t a direct flight. Often times, routing through different cities can be much cheaper than a direct flight. Consider the options when booking. Here are a few ways you could save money:
1. Book one-way flights: Booking separate one-way flights with different airlines can be cheaper than booking a round trip direct flight with the same airline. Airlines also often have weekly deals, so pick up a discount.
Consider multi-city flights: Booking a multi-city flight can be worth the extra time and make it much cheaper. Spend a few hours in a city or take a day trip to explore and save money on your way.
3. Take advantage of budget airlines: Budget airlines often offer significant savings. Compare the different prices and options they offer, their policies may differ from traditional airlines.
4. Route it out: Be smart about how you route it out. Try to combine less expensive connecting routes with more expensive direct flights without breaking the bank. Plan carefully and compare prices across different booking sites.
5. Fly with stopovers: Take advantage of airlines that allow free stopovers. Not only can you save some money, but you can also get some extra exploration time by visiting two or more places with the same ticket.
Get Cheap Hotel Accommodation
Accommodation can also add up quickly during a long vacation. Here are some tips on how you can save money on your hotel stays:
1. Book in advance: Booking well in advance can help you find deals and discounts you may not have access to later on. Prices fluctuate every day, so the early bird gets the worm.
2. Shop around: Like airlines, there are a lot of different websites that offer different prices for hotels and other accommodations. Search around for the best deals possible.
3. Consider alternative lodging: Staying in a hostel, vacation homes or bed and breakfasts are all cheaper than hotels. You don’t have to sacrifice privacy or comfort but you will be spending significantly less.
4. Take a deeper look at the amenities: Many hotels, especially the less expensive ones, don’t provide things like towels, bedclothes and even toiletries. Make sure to double check the provided amenities so you don’t have to go out and buy them.
5. Join loyalty programs: Many hotels offer loyalty programs that you can join to get exclusive discounts, bonuses and offers that otherwise wouldn’t be available. Check with your favorite hotel or motel to see if they have any program available.
Get the Most Out of Your Vacation
Even when traveling on a budget, you can still get the most out of your vacation. Here are some tips to enjoy your vacation while saving money:
1. Take advantage of free attractions: You can enjoy many of the attractions your chosen destination has to offer without having to spend a dime. Consider museums, hikes, beaches and parks, all of which are usually free of charge.
2. Look for street entertainment: Many cities have street performers, parades, and festivals that you can attend. Search around for local entertainment and events to enjoy without spending a fortune.
3. Have an outdoor lunch: Instead of eating at a restaurant, pack a light snack and find a park to enjoy your food. Not only will you save money but it can also be a great way to soak up the local culture.
4. Use Uber or public transportation: Skip pricey taxi rides and opt for public transportation or Uber. Not only will this save you money, but it’s also an easier way to get around town without any hassle.
5. Move during the day and stay at night: Book a hotel at the top of a hill or mountain and pack a picnic lunch. Spend the day exploring the area, but at night come back to your hotel and enjoy the view from your room – for free.
- Q: How can I save money on flights?
- A: Shop around for the best fares and prices. Also be flexible with travel dates and times.
- Q: What is the best way to get rewards?
- A: Join airlines loyalty programs and credit card programs to get the most rewards.
- Q: How can I save money on accommodation?
- A: Book in advance and consider alternative lodgings like hostels, vacation homes, or bed and breakfasts.
- Q: What are some fun activities I can do on vacation?
- A: Visit museums, hiking trails, beaches and parks, and attend street entertainment and local events.