5 Tips For Getting Cheap Flights In India – How To Book Now And Save Big!
It’s no surprise that flying can be expensive in India. Flight prices are constantly on the rise, and budget airlines can be limited. But there are ways to make your trip cheaper and save some serious money. Here are 5 tips for getting cheap flights in India:
1. Compare prices: As with anything, shopping around is the best way to save money on flights. Use an online comparison tool to quickly find flights with the best prices and deals, so you don’t have to trawl through different websites. Don’t forget to switch between currencies, as different currencies can offer different deals.
2. Book in advance: Planning ahead can open up a world of cheap flights in India. If you know your dates and destination, book your tickets as far in advance as possible. Last-minute deals can save you money but they can also be limited. Similarly, weekend deals are often cheaper than midweek.
3. Fly mid-week: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are usually the cheapest days of the week to fly in India, as demand for travel is usually lower than on the weekends. Also, more and more airlines are offering deals and discounts on these days in order to fill up planes.
4. Utilize loyalty schemes: Signing up for an airline loyalty program is a great way to save on flights in India. Most airlines offer bonuses and discounts to frequent flyers, so if you fly with the same airline frequently, it can be worth it to join.
5. Check other sites: Whilst your airline’s official website is the obvious place to get flight tickets, there are other sites which offer discounts and deals. Try a few different sites and search for special offers to save even more money.
Learn more about advertising discounts and flight deals
Advertising discounts and flight deals are some of the best ways to save on flights in India. Airlines will often run promotions on their websites or in their magazines and newspapers. Keep an eye out for these offers to get the best prices. Additionally, travel agents often offer discounts on flights for large groups and will sometimes have access to deals from airline websites.
Most airlines will also offer discounts for booking online, so be sure to make use of or sign up for their online booking services. You may also be able to find deals through social media sites, as airlines often update their deals and discounts via their pages.
Finally, make sure to look directly at the airline websites, as most airlines will have their own promotional code systems or other bonus offers that you can use to get even better deals.
Opt for low-cost airlines
Low-cost airlines are becoming increasingly popular in India and offer more choice and options for budget travellers. Low-cost airlines usually operate only domestic flights and often have cheaper prices than the mainstream carriers.
Because these airlines do not have to include the additional costs associated with international flights, they can offer cheaper tickets and amenities. Their websites are also often simpler to use, allowing for faster bookings and cheaper prices.
Many of these airlines offer special discounts and vouchers which you can redeem directly from their websites. Additionally, low-cost airlines often offer last-minute or discounted tickets, so it can be worth checking for better deals when you’re booking.
Be sure to read the airline’s terms and conditions before booking, as low-cost airlines may not offer the same flexibility as mainstream carriers – for example, they may not offer free refunds or changes to your flight.
Note restrictions and airport fees
There are several restrictions and fees to be aware of when booking flights in India. Firstly, you may be required to show proof of identity at check-in in order to board your flight. Additionally, there are often extra charges for items such as luggage, seat selection and other services.
Also, be aware of any airport fees, such as landing fees, which most airports charge. These fees can be quite large, so be sure to factor them in when booking your flights.
Finally, don’t forget to check the terms and conditions of your airline, as some tickets may not be refundable or exchangeable. Make sure to familiarise yourself with these rules before booking, in order to avoid any surprises once you arrive at the airport.
One of the best ways to save money when booking flights in India is to be flexible. Changing your dates of travel or destination can have a major impact on the cost of your tickets. Plan your trip around off-peak travel periods, if possible, as prices tend to be lower.
Be prepared to fly at night or in the early hours of the morning, as flights around these times can be cheaper. Additionally, try to avoid booking directly during holiday periods – instead, book your flights a few weeks before or after to get the best deals.
Finally, consider flying out of different cities or airports. Sometimes, different airports in the same area can have drastically different prices, so be sure to compare prices when booking.
Q. Is it worth signing up for an airline loyalty program?
A. Yes, signing up for an airline loyalty program can be a great way to save money on flights in India. Most airlines offer bonuses and discounts to frequent flyers, so joining is definitely worth it if you are a frequent traveller.
Q. What is the best time to book flights in India?
A. The best time to book flights in India is as far in advance as possible. Booking in advance can open up a world of cheap flights, as well as being the best way to secure your preferred destination and dates.
Q. Are there airport fees I need to know about?
A. Yes, most airports in India will charge a landing fee or other fees. It’s important to factor these fees into your budget when planning for flights, as they can be quite large.