5 Insider Tips To Help Travel Agents Get Cheaper Flights
Navigating the best deals for flights can seem daunting and time-consuming. Quality travel agents are the perfect professionals to relieve travelers of this headache and relieve them of the worry of finding the cheapest flight options. Here are five insider tips that both established and aspiring travel agents can implement to ensure they get the best prices for their clients.
1. Do Your Research: Use your knowledge of airline pricing and your ability to traverse the wilds of the internet to find the best deals. Don’t settle for the first deal or the most obvious source, dig a little deeper and keep your options open. Reviewing past booking behaviour and staying up to date on the changing market and special offers can help you provide cheaper options for your clients.
2. Be Flexible: Introduce flexibility into the booking process. The ability to be flexible in terms of times and routes can create better and cheaper options for the customer. Utilize both direct and indirect flights, nearby airports and different times to manipulate the system in the favour of lower rates.
3. Group Discounts: Take advantage of the savings travel companies offer for group bookings. Friends and families can often get reduced rates if they book together and you can still benefit from the sale it brings.
4. Look for Day-Specific Deals: Many airlines and travel companies offer reduced prices for certain days of the week. Take note of how prices can change considerably and offer discounts to clients on specific days.
5. Automated Booking: Consider setting up an automated booking system on your website. Many of the largest companies offer this feature and enable customers to book their own flights while you benefit from the commission. This also reduces the manual work associated with managing flight bookings.
Five Tips for Overcoming Flight Booking Challenges
One of the frustrations of searching for the best flight prices is overcoming the numerous challenges that can arise along the way. The follow insight will help you build a framework to counter these common issues.
1. Part-Time Workers: When there are fewer agents or part-time staff working, it’s more difficult to access discounts. Don’t rely on just one agent and shop around. The more customer facing agents, the greater the access to savings.
2. Low Cost Airlines: Working with low cost airlines can often require agents to keep checking for possible updates. Use online tools and boards to stay abreast of price changes and competitiesthat can help reduce costs.
3. Online Re-Sellers: Be careful of online re-sellers trying to pass off expensive tickets as deals. Check with the source for price confirmation or consider booking independently to ensure that you and your customer get the best prices.
4. Hidden Extras: Low cost tickets often involve hidden extras that customers may not expect. Be sure to check for additional fees such as seating charges and luggage fees to ensure customers aren’t caught out by hidden costs.
5. Time-Frames: Factor in considerations such as time-frames into your strategy to ensure that the best prices can be accessed. Remember to look for earlier flights and different routes which can increase access to discounts.
Five Strategies for Improving Flight Booking Practices
As an agent, there are several other strategies that you can use to improve the flight booking process and maximize the savings you can access.
1. Become a Member: Join travel industry membership boards and become part of the community. This can provide access to exclusive deals and negotiability not available to everyone.
2. Attend Travel Events: Attend travel events, conferences and exhibitions to stay on top of new technology and pricing trends. Interact with industry experts and be open to feedback from the people working the field to stay in the know.
3. Utilize IT Tools: Use IT tools to automate processes, create alerts and view comprehensive data relating to prices and trends.
Adapting these tools to your specific needs can increase efficiency and save time.
4. Use Price Comparison Sites: Utilize price comparison sites, like Kayak and Skyscanner to view all the relevant information you need in one place. Save time by researching prices and comparing options in one simple click.
5. Value added Services: Offer value added services to clients such as information on local customs, currency, suggested activities and more. Showing clients that you add value to their travel experience can help establish loyalty.
Five Benefits of Utilizing Today’s Technology
Today’s technology can help travel agents access the best deals and keep up with the ever-changing information related to pricing and availability. Here are five benefits of utilizing the technology today.
1. Save Time: Technology automates the booking process and enables agents to search for data quickly. It also creates alerts so that changes are flagged and updated with minimum effort.
2. Create Data Profiling: Being able to search and collate data allows agents to get to know their customers better and tailor packages to their needs.
3. Improved Efficiency: Automated ticket booking systems and tracking systems reduce the time and money associated with finding the best deals for clients.
4. Stay on Top of Trends: Using technology to monitor the changing market more effectively and quickly allows agents to react and adapt to changes with greater accuracy.
5. Stand Out from the Crowd: Personalizing your customers’ experience in terms of choice and price will make them feel valued and considered. A good customer experience ensures return business.
Five Benefits To Becoming a Professional Travel Agent
Being a professional travel agent can provide immense satisfaction and a good return on investment. Here are five benefits to committing to this career choice.
1. Establish Your Own Brand: Being your own manager allows you the opportunity to build and develop your own brand to suit you and your clients.
2. Access Flexibility: Being able to choose your own working hours gives you the flexibility to manage your own time-frame according to your lifestyle.
3 Fulfilling Job Role: As a travel agent, you’re helping people make their dreams come true. A job that provides this level of satisfaction and joy from clients offers a unique feeling of fulfilment.
4. Increase Your Earnings: Access to exclusive deals and pricing can increase your take home pay significantly.
5. Opportunities for Growth: The travel industry is growing exponentially and embracing the latest technologies to remain ahead of its competitors. Experiencing first-hand the partnership between human skills and new systems to gain client loyalty provides great opportunities for growth.
Q1. How can I save my clients time and money when booking flights?
A1. Utilize both of direct and indirect flights, nearby airports and different times to manipulate the system in the favour of lower rates. Remember to look for earlier flights and different routes which can increase access to discounts. Also take advantage of the savings travel companies offer for group bookings.
Q2. What techniques can I use to stay informed about flight prices?
A2. Reviewing past booking behaviour and staying up to date on the changing market and special offers can help you provide cheaper options for your clients. Use online tools and boards to stay abreast of price changes and competitions and become part of the travel industry membership boards to access exclusive deals.
Q3. What are the benefits of becoming a professional travel agent?
A3. Establishing your own brand with the flexibility to choose your own working hours, providing a job that offers job satisfaction and increasing your earnings are some of the benefits of becoming a professional travel agent.